The Best Time for Tours in Tanzania
Most safari areas in Tanzania tours have warm days and cool evenings all year round. The best time to visit Tanzania for tours is at all times of the year. Temperatures drop below freezing on Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru. While the Indian Ocean coast and the country’s lake shores are warm and humid. Tanzania has two distinct wet seasons, March to May (“long rains”) and November to December (“short rains”).
In general, during the country’s main rainy season (long rains), heavy tropical rains fall in the afternoon and many safari camps are closed. The short rainy season has occasional short showers, but the safari camps remain open and game viewing is good.
The Best Time to Visit the Tanzania Tours Depends on What You Want to See and Experience.
- Major national parks such as Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Lake Manyara, and Tarangire National Park host great game shows all year round, but visitor peaks are from June to October.
- If you want to climb Kilimanjaro. July to October or January to March are the best times to go on a safari in Tanzania.
- After a tropical beach vacation. The best time to visit the coasts of Tanzania, Zanzibar, and other islands is from June to March. If you want to take the opportunity during the long rainy season (April-May). You may have a week of sunshine or rain, but the seasonal rates are cheaper.
In addition to knowing what you want to see and experience. Knowing when you plan to visit will also affect your planning of where to go on safari tours in Tanzania.
Where to Go for Tours in Tanzania?
Experience incredible adventures across the plains of the Serengeti National Park with millions of other wildlife, zebras, and antelopes. And climb the snow-capped peak of Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa. Or Zanzibar sandy beaches – Tanzania, while sipping a cold drink on the beach of White sand. The beaches of Zanzibar, Tanzania, offer travelers the most diverse safari experience in Africa.
A vibrant and beautiful African safari destination with outstanding national parks and game reserves. Tanzania offers unprecedented wildlife sightings and dazzling tropics on the Dar es Salaam coast like no other in Africa. Blessed with a beautiful mix of beaches. Tanzania is so big that it’s the second-largest country in East Africa. After DR. Congo which is about 1.5 times the size of Texas in the US. So, it’s convenient to have the country’s top vacation destinations in four regions.
Where to Adventure in Tanzania?
- Northern Safari Circuit: Tanzania’s most famous safari trail includes Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Lake Manyara, Tarangire, and Mount Kilimanjaro National Park.
- Tanzania’s coasts and islands: The country’s sandy beaches, especially those on islands like Zanzibar, are attractive and highly accessible to all African travelers.
- Southern Tanzania: Including the unprecedented Nyerere National Park (formerly Selous) and Ruha National Park, these are some of Tanzania’s best-kept safari secrets.
- Western Tanzania: Explore the nooks and crannies of Katavi and Mahale National Parks for safari adventure tours in Tanzania.
Tours in Tanzania, however, depend on what you want to experience during your Tanzania Tours tour. The Northern Safari Circuit is popular with both beginners and experienced African Tours. But both southern and western Tanzania are hidden gems in this versatile destination.